Play ‘n Go brings to our screens all the festivities Japanese people enjoy in their land of the rising sun. Matsuri is the Japanese term for festival; once you start to spin the reels, the festival roars into life giving you the chance to fatten your pockets full of casino cash.
Quick Start Guide Matsuri iPad Slots Game
This iPad slot has 5 reels and comes with 25 paylines. The game’s Return to Player percentage is 96% but this may differ depending on your game version.
** The Matsuri Play’n Go slot game might be available to play for free on your iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows device, PC or Mac. Just take a look at our FREE games page here. **
Slot layout 101
Play ‘n Go did its magic with the graphics in this game; the background is covered by a picture taken at sunset showing two mountains in a distance divided by a meandering river with falling stars illuminating the reels.
Reel symbols summary
The symbols on the reels all highlight the different features one is likely to come across at a Matsuri i.e. foodstuffs (an ice cream, a dish full of oranges and some apples), souvenirs in the form of hand fans and female characters wearing traditional Japanese attire.
Base game symbols and pay tables
- Female character holding a rose: This is the highest paying symbol of the game. It comes with 350x multiplier when you land 5 anywhere on the reels.
Female character with a flower around her heart: This is the second most paying symbol of the game and landing 5 anywhere on the reels means your win is subjected to a 300x multiplier.
- Female character holding a mask: The third most paying symbol is the female holding a mask which comes with a 250x multiplier.
- Other symbols: Other symbols ranking them from the least paying are as follows, hand fans, apples, a dish full of oranges and an ice cream. These do not come with any multipliers.
Bonus games and features
- Wild: The wild is represented by the lantern which substitutes for all other symbols with the exception of the two scatter symbols. Matching five lanterns in a row means you stand a chance of increasing your win through a random 1,000x multiplier!
- Scatter: There are two scatter symbols in this game i.e. the goldfish and mask symbols.
Free Spins Feature
This feature is triggered when you match 3 or more mask scatter symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5. You get 8 free spins but you have the opportunity of adding 2 or more free spins each time a mask scatter appears while you are still in the free spins mode.
When a lantern wild pops up during the free spins mode, it quickly expands and covers the entire reel and moves to the left side each time you spin.
Kingyo Sukui Bonus
- This bonus game is triggered when you land 3 or more goldfish scatter symbols on reel 2, 3, and 4.
- This bonus game requires you to scoop goldfish with a delicate paper scooper.
- Each goldfish you successfully scoop comes with its own prize and if you break the delicate paper scooper, you are immediately redirected to the base game.
- This bonus game is available only for 5 rounds meaning if you win on 5 consecutive occasions, you won’t enjoy the sixth win as you are redirected to the base game.
This is an entertaining iPad slot to play especially when you trigger the bonus games in Matsuri as they pay very well. The game gets a rating of 8.6 out of 10 points in our game reviews. NB – this excellent iPad slot machine game might be available to play at our player recommended iPad casino reviews here.